Friday, August 29, 2008

Maddox Goes to School

I've been doing a little babysitting for Maddox this summer so Heidi can get in some extra shifts while daycare is available, and he's been so much fun! Last week, I had "work to do" at school (Maddox's phrase as we drove to Cannon Falls), so he spent some time in my classroom while I tried to take care of some of the many piles that accumulate during beginning-of-the-year prep.
He looked so cute sitting at a first grade desk as he had a snack and watched Barney on my TV.
I took out a variety of toys for him, but he had the most fun with a fly swatter (don't worry - never touched by dead fly parts) and some magnetic letters. He was serving me an O and M for supper while I was cutting out some laminating. How does he balance like that?

He also had fun at the chalk board, but it was quite a stretch! He loved all the playground balls, too, and found it very entertaining to use a foam bat like a golf club to hit a soccer ball around the Commons area - kind of mixed sports equipment, but he didn't care. I'm afraid he'll be ready for kindergarten before we know it!

1 comment:

Jenna and Andy said...

Cute! I love the picture of him in the desk. He looks ready to learn:)