Thursday, June 26, 2008

Minneapolis Institute of Arts

My good friend, Diane, recently retired teacher, has come up with a new "carreer." She has been training for the last year as a tour guide for school groups at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, a fabulous museum in South Minneapolis which is full of wonderful artwork from ancient to modern times. Yesterday, she practiced her skills on a group of friends . I'm not sure if we were easier or harder than 4th graders, but we sure had a good time and a great tour. Diane focused on "Animals in Art" as we explored works from all over the world. Some of us were a bit distracted because there is so much to see, and since our tour only lasted about 1 1/2 hours, we all need to go back for more.

Here's the group in the outside Courtyard, minus my sister taking the picture. I love the patterns of the shadows.

Of course, we couldn't go on a summer outing without going out for lunch. After our tour, we walked to Christos, a nearby Greek restaurant.


Lunch was fantastic, and I sure didn't need dinner last night!

Thanks, Diane, for a great tour. It was really fun to hear about all the art and not have to read all those little signs. I didn't even need to get out my glasses!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I had fun with you all on Wednesday - thanks for letting me tag along. I definitely will go back to the museum for more, and lunch was REALLY yummy!

Joyce