Monday, May 5, 2008

No More Snow!!

Look - blue sky, open water, and no sweatshirt! Could summer be almost here?? We took our boat out to Lake Byllesby on Sunday to make sure everything is working OK before the big fishing opener next week. It was a little cool (I was wrapped in a blanket as we skimmed across the lake), but everything worked great - the motor started, we got the depth finder operating, and we saw lots of fish on the little screen. Now if all the ice is out of the lake up north, we'll be all set! We have a cabin rented on Whitefish Lake, so I'm actually going along this year. No fishing for me, though - the shops are calling my name!

I bought Chuck a new Tilley hat for fishing, so he had to try it out - no more sunburned ears!
He is so ready for summer that tonight he....

put on his shorts and got out the lawn mower! Only in Minnesota - from snow shoveling to grass cutting in two short weeks!

No comments: