Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Maddox and Charlie

It's summertime, and since I am fortunate to have the summer off and my kids don't, I have been helping out by doing some occasional child-care for Maddox and Charlie, sometimes one at a time, and sometimes together. They really keep me hopping! I usually have my camera with me, and I can't resist snapping pictures, so here goes:


I've taken Maddox to private swimming lessons in Apple Valley.



He's a little fish!


He can float, too!


He loves to play video games when we're hanging out, but the teacher in me encourages other activities, too. His comment when I try to play the Wii: "You look like an old girl playing Wii." Ya think??



Maddox is playing soccer in a 4-6 year old league, and we've discovered that watching pre-schoolers play soccer is a real hoot! We cheer for Maddox when the ball just accidentally bounces off his shin pads!



He's playing defense here. Can you tell?



Hmmmm, naptime?



Flirting with the goalie?




Yeah, Maddox!


These pictures were taken at his very first game. He's doing much better now that he's an experienced player with 3 games under his belt!!



Charlie has had several "overnights" at our house , and he loves playing with all of the toys we have around. These beads are leftover from Jenna's baby days, and she used to put them on her head and wear them just like this!



These stacking cups are also from the "olden days." Sometimes it pays to hang on to things forever!


I think he's giving his ball a ride in the stroller.



His own toys are much more sophisticated, like this "noise-toy" puzzle. There's actually a button under each shape that makes the sound of the vehicle when you put the piece in the right place.


He also loves to play with my phone - looks like he's texting!


My friend Kathy brought her little grandson, Grayson, over to Jenna's to play one afternoon, and the boys had so much fun! Charlie was pretty good about sharing until Grayson really wanted one of his favorite toys.


Charlie was also into giving big hugs, and Grayson wasn't too sure about all that affection.



I can't imagine having twins. Two one-year olds in the same room was almost more than two grandmas could handle! We hardly had time for our coffee!


They did share a few good books for a few minutes!



We've had the whale pool out a few times this summer, and Charlie finally had a chance to try it out.



He loved the "blow spout."



Charlie has also discovered the computer. He loves to watch stories on You Tube, and his favorite is "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" (he asks for "boom boom").



Another fun activity is wearing my glasses.



They fit a little better on Maddox, but still look pretty silly.



I spent a whole morning a few weeks ago disturbing Jenna's entire neighborhood with the noise from the air pump as I tried to get this pool inflated. It took over two hours!



I waited until Jenna got home to let the boys go in for the first time - they thought the slide was pretty cool, and so did Crosby.



We took Charlie along to watch soccer one night, and he became the center of attention on the sidelines. Several of my former students are big sisters to some of Maddox's teammates, so the big sisters took over the job of Charlie-watching.



I paid them each a quarter at the end of the game, and they were so impressed! Their first baby-sitting money!



Last week, I had to prepare for a funeral, a wedding, and Sunday services while Charlie was at our house, so guess who got to go along to church with me? He thought those organ pedals were pretty neat!



I ended up turning off the pedals completely and just let him crawl around while I played the manuals. I wish someone had been around to get a picture of that!



I got done with all of my music prep in record time!



Maddox is very tech savvy. Jenna has a new I-Pad for her classroom, and I think he's showing her a few tricks!



Nothing beats a good book, though. Maddox is a really good helper with Charlie, and he does a great job "reading" stories to him.


I'm afraid summer is going by way too fast! It's so much fun having the chance to watch these two little guys grow and change!

No comments: