Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Maddox's Pre-school Program

Maddox has been going to pre-school two days a week at the Pre-school/Daycare program at my school. It's been so much fun for me to see him in a school setting and touch base with him a couple times a week. My 1st graders gave him high-fives when we'd pass his class in the hallway, and they also reported in to me whenever they saw him at the bathrooms or on the playground. I usually stopped in for a quick hug before I went home, and he always had something funny to tell me about his day, and once in a while, he stopped at my classroom to visit me! Last week, his class put on a great end-of-the-year program, which consisted of singing goofy camp songs. Pre-schoolers are sooooo funny, and it was a real treat for me to sit back and watch and not have to be responsible for the show (or the behavior)!


Here he is, flip-flops and all. The little guy on the end was sitting in Maddox's spot, and it didn't take him long to let him know!


There, now he has his own chair. Got an itch??

It was kind of hard to sit still, but he tried!
I missed it when he was picking his nose - good thing, or I'd probably have a picture of that, too.

The favorite song was "Tootie Tot." The actions keep building with each verse, until everyone is singing with their eyes closed and tongues out.

Yep, Maddox was getting in to it!


Here's a shot of Phebe singing the same song at her Cannon Kids Kindergarten program two years ago - go Phebe!


Maddox was also in a song about three little skunks (he obviously wasn't a skunk).


Maddox was the first one to get his certificate at the end of the program, and he gave Miss Megan a big hug. By the time she passed out all 20+ certificates, kids were using them as spyglasses, whistles, and sticks to bop themselves on the head. Gotta love the creativity of 4 and 5 year olds!

Congratulations, Maddox! He'll be graduating from high school before we know it!

No comments: