Monday, January 14, 2008

North Shore in December

2008 has started out pretty slowly for the Bracken Bunch, and my camera has only been snapping pictures at school for the last few weeks (see my first grade blog). Work keeps us both very busy, but we did have a chance to get up to Two Harbors and the North Shore after Christmas to help Chuck's mom celebrate her 82nd birthday. We also took in a day of skiing at Lutsen, which was great! The old legs were still able to get us down Moose Mountain.

I wanted to take some good action pictures on the slopes, but I didn't want to ski with the camera. Guess the parking lot will have to do for this time!
We spent one night at Bluefin Bay, and these were the views of Lake Superior from our studio unit.
It seemed like we were the only ones at the resort until a jogger on her morning run came right past our window while I was getting dressed. Oops! It was a very gray day, but also quite mild for December.
We did a little hiking at Cascade River, too. The falls are gorgeous in the winter!
It's amazing how the water keeps running under all the ice and snow.
We hope to get back up north again before the end of the winter season, and we may get in a trip to Red Lodge, Montana, in March for some mountain skiing. Time will tell!

3 comments:

KateAndPhebe said...

Wow Grandma and Grandpa I miss the snow I want to do a snow angel!!We are hoping to visit in late Feb.I love you!xoxoxoxLove Phebe

travelingtramps said...

I checked my blog and had a comment from you .... and I also had a comment from kate and phebe...saying if we were still in Fla....to come visit??!!!!
Did I ever meet her?
I'll talk to you later.
Kathy

Nancy Holte said...

Great pictures, Jane!